If you would like your information posted here, your may send it email@example.com.
Musicians, Actors and Students can sign up here to receive emails about opportunities.
Call for Submissions: 36th Asbury Short Film Concert Tour
Asbury Shorts USA, New York City’s longest running, non competitive short film exhibition and travel show, has officially opened a new “Call For Entries!” They are seeking new short films for its 36th year. Here’s how it works:
- They accept independently produced short films with a total running time no longer than 20 minutes.
- Asbury Shorts does not screen You Tube or Vimeo comedy series productions. The films must be stand alone independent short films.
- Unlike other film festivals in the world they do not charge an entry fee but if a film is selected for any of the show dates Asbury Shorts asks for $15 handling fee for DVD shipping and digital link transfers.
- All genres are accepted, but its important to know that Asbury Shorts is an entertainment event and not a traditional film festival. Long documentary and heavy duty depressing dramatic shorts are generally not chosen.
- They are specifically seeking local area produced short films for their August outdoor presentation at the Piazza Ernesto Strada in Westbury where Asbury Shorts was founded in 1981– produced in a partnership with Westbury Arts! For this show the selections are generally PG / PG 13 not R rated as its a free to the public presentation. However, they are seeking new entries for all of their tour stops in 2017.
Open Call for Original Scripts
The East End Fringe Festival is now accepting submissions for our inaugural season the summer of 2017. Set to run from July 26 through August 6, the festival will take place in and around Riverhead’s historic Vail-Leavitt Music Hall.
We’re looking for original and previously un-produced plays running 90 minutes or under. If selected, your fully cast and stage-ready production will have three performances over the course of the 10 day festival.
With FringeNYC on hiatus during Summer 2017, this is a unique opportunity to present new work to New York audiences in our seaside location.
The fee will be waived for Early Bird Submissions by December 15. A $25 fee will be required for plays submitted December 16th through March 15. Please visit www.EastEndFringeFest.com for “Rules and Regulations” and to “Submit Your Work” and more information.
MUSICIAN’S OPPORTUNITY – Massapequa
Local Long Island and New York original songwriters wanted to showcase their music. Innovative creative music for upcoming art shows. New artist space growing and looking for motivated talented acoustic musicians. All types of music considered. Studio 5404 will give exposure to experienced and aspiring songwriters at our new multi-media artist space.
Send links or samples of music to